What do we do about the homelessness crisis?

Finding a way to help the Homeless Population

        I am sure that everyone has their own views and personal opinions regarding the "homelessness
crisis." I know that I have my own. I have been homeless, a few times, myself. It is not something
that I take lightly. It is a life-changing experience. Some people choose to be homeless and some have 
been forced to live on the streets. Every individual has their own reasons and their own stories. 
        The news media, social media, and government officials talk about how to end the homelessness
crisis. There will never be a total "end" to homelessness for all people. It can become less of a 
problem or issue, but it will never just "go away." This will always be an issue, so we will have to deal
with it and figure out how to live around it for our entire lives.
        We, as a society, need to hold official meetings through city hall, write letters of concern or 
ideas on this subject, make phone calls to state representatives, and even post on social media about 
ways that we can help or deal with these important issues. We can't just keep moving camps, talking 
trash about the way things are going, or just ignoring that this problem exists. We all need to do 
"something."
        I have an idea that everyone else might not agree with, but it makes sense to me, financially 
and trying to make the homeless individuals more accommodated. It would stop the taxpayers from taxhikes every time something new is needed for the homeless population. In Oregon, there used to be
a place on a hill in Salem, called "Fairview." It was a place where the individuals with certain mental
health disorders or issues were placed for their safety and others' safety, too. If the government would
just purchase a piece of land outright, build some kind of housing structure, and pay individuals to run
it, but not like a jail. Then it would be up to the homeless individuals to run it, also. It would be 
less costly than building temporary structures that only take certain individuals. It is fair to everyone, 
but there would also have to be guidelines to follow, just like people do in their own homes.
        I don't know if this will ever come into existence, but I would hope that you will do some
"brainstorming" on your own to let me know your ideas about helping society out. 

Thank you for listening!
Concerned Citizen   
    





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Blog for Principles of Marketing Course

Marketing in the News Blog